woensdag 22 augustus 2012

[MFP records/Doglau Records] Pop Jawa


















































Found a bunch of Surinam Jawa pop records at a second hand shop here in Rotterdam. Usually this shop only has stacks of James Last records, tons of classical music and even more Schlager compilations. So i was quite happy to find these. Didn't really know what to expect but the titles seemed Indonesian and since my girlfriend is really into Krontjong music I didn't have to think twice about picking these up. And am quite happy about that. Some of them I didn't enjoy that much (I've listed them on ebay now). But the ones I posted here are really nice. It's mainly soul with a krontjong vibe and even has some funky synth bits! If anyone has more information about these artists or labels please let me know.
More info:
Doglau
MFP records
Enjoy!!

1 opmerking:

  1. If you look at the cover scans, Side A of the Ricky Djoewan EP is actually Johan Viem (they each get a side of the record; two songs each). Johan's name doesn't sound very Indonesian, though. Might he be a local artist in Suriname? I really liked the first J Viem track. Thanks.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen